Franchise Development Manager
Togetherway is a company builder.
Organically assembling a portfolio of technology companies that'll serve the next billion consumers in Africa.
Our qualified candidate will have prior full-scale Franchise Development department success with functional proficiency in current day Franchise Development skillsets. This is a player-coach position, responsible for all department functions, direct sales, and hiring and management of one or more Franchise Sales Consultants. Please respond ONLY if your experience reflects the following attributes:
- Uncommonly strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, and uniquely solid core values
- Accountability for the achievement of consistent, measurable results
- Self-starter with strong initiative and interpersonal skills; resourceful & responsible
- Capable and committed contributor to a small team environment, willing and able to apply proven skillsets and deliver high impact results
- Service-oriented, with genuine long-term employment interest
- Existing relationships with key franchise development-related vendors in the franchise industry
- Lead all aspects of Franchise Development, strategy & process, to include management of the FDD, Franchise Operations Manual, sales process, lead generation, new franchise territory sales, territory creation etc
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert leading the execution of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary product development initiatives within portfolio companies and partners.
- Partner with appropriate cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Development, Supply Chain, Training and others to launch and achieve targeted results for business plans and initiatives.
- Participate in P&L goal setting and deliver budgeted top and bottom-line results.
- Define and implement a cost-effective lead generation strategy utilizing both traditional and non-traditional mediums
- Utilizes “best practices” approach in executing operational improvements, training, merchandising, marketing, prospecting and overall franchise management to improve revenue.
- Assists in planning and conducting networking meetings and activities to improve profitability through training and networking with vendors, Franchisors and Franchisees.
- Trains and coaches Franchisees in effective pricing of products and services by utilizing financial benchmarks
- Schedules Franchisee training to ensure understanding of policies, procedures, roles, and responsibilities
- Assists in new location build-outs, remodels, transfer and renewal upgrades to ensure execution according to specifications.
- Interface with executive team members to help shape the company’s overall strategic direction
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years demonstrated leadership success of a Franchise Development
- 2 or more years successful experience directly selling franchises
- Working knowledge of current industry sales management practices, approaches, tools, resources and skillsets vital to all aspects of Franchise Development
- 3-5 years of practical store-level operations or consulting experience, ideally in the QSR industry
- Experience in a multi-unit environment, knowledge of retail or service industry operations and financial reporting
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements; strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking, with an ability to clearly articulate concepts and programs to a variety of audiences.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to build solid relationships and work effectively with others at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated and successful ability to lead, motivate, hold accountable, develop, direct and achieve target results for customer group, business unit or Franchise Partner(s).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and influencing skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. ERP, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, webinars and web-related resources
- Multilingual/Multicultural skills preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Tech industry knowledge a plus